How is the adoption process going?

As much as we love being a family of two,WE CAN'T WAIT TO BE A FAMILY OF THREE!
        Jeffrey and I are so blessed to have such awesome friends and family who want to stay updated on how the adoption process is going. I am sorry I haven't posted lately, but summer is over and real life (going to work, taking two classes, grading, and planning) has returned. Here is what has happened since we last posted.
        Tomorrow, I am going to review the home study draft. As long as everything looks good, I think it will be sent off for approval and then our home study we will be complete. We are still waiting on Jeffrey's doctor's letter and physical forms; I am growing very impatient with them. It has been almost four weeks since we were in for his checkup. Next week, we have to attend adoption training Wednesday night and all day Saturday. We have already done 10 hours of training, but the state of Illinois won't accept it. It is frustrating having to spend more time and more money on something that will probably be the same thing we have already completed, but we have to do it.
         I am trying to stay positive through all of the bumps along the way. Once our home study is complete, we have to wait for the FBI to contact us; we have to be fingerprinted again by the FBI. Even though I sometimes feel we are going much slower than I want, I can see our papers going to Africa in hopefully the near future. Once our papers reach Ethiopia, the real waiting begins. I am ready to start the real waiting.
          The other day, I found myself being a little jealous of a pregnant woman in my class. I wasn't jealous of the fact that she was pregnant, but the fact that she knew exactly when her baby was going to arrive. I know my baby will be in my arms at the right time, but sometimes I struggle with the unknown. I feel my heart growing for this baby who I don't even know yet. We guess if it is a boy or a girl. I think it is a boy; Jeffrey thinks we will have a girl.
           I hope this fills you in a little bit. I wish I could say that more has happened, but as we have told you before this is a long process. Thanks for taking this journey with us. HOPING TO HAVE MORE EXCITING NEWS SOON! We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia, Welcome to the Family

Parting the Sea Walking on Dry Land Kind of Prayers

The "Lucky" Misconception