Saturday, December 31, 2016
OUR YEAR IN A JAR- 2016 Edition
One of my favorite traditions is our end of the year jar. It gives us such a great perspective on all wonderful things that has happened in the year. Without our jar, we have found that we really focus on the BIG stuff- whether that be good or bad. What I love about our jar, is it reminds us of little things that we often would not remember, but it brings us smiles and joy as we remember the sweet little moments that we have experienced throughout the year. We don't have a system of when we put things in, so some months have more than others. We simply keep the jar on our coffee table with a pen and paper all year long, and we fill it as things happen.
Our jar is filled with Adventures, Answered Prayers, Laughable Moments, Blessings, and Things We Don't Want to Forget.
Okay so 2016!
Wow! What a year it has been. Like every year, it has been filled with good and not so good. Our hearts have been broken and hurt for many people nationally and around the world for various reasons. We have seen humanity at its worst and its best. We have celebrated some of the most exciting things of our lives, and we have been devastated by news of health and loss of those we love so dearly.
So in no particular order, here are some of the highlights from the Woodson family jar.
2. A cool surprise to get an autographed picture of my favorite drummer from Ms. Kathy.
3. GEMMA WAS BORN!
4. We finally found a house! AND WE BOUGHT IT!
5. August 22, 2016- We saw our son, Zane, for the first time! REFERRAL DAY!
6. Thankful for new friendships that are developing
7. 1st Bahama Bucks. Delicious!
8. DC was an adventure! Haha!
9. Blessed to have a beautiful God-daughter from my best friend.
10. We no longer have a lime green kitchen.
11. Bought our new neighbors a dozen donuts and introduced ourselves.
12. Had ice cream with Sumi on Grandparents day!
13. So blessed by all the love from friends and family through the trivia night and t-shirt fundraiser
14. Taking piano lessons to help with songwriting
15. Fun 4-wheeling in Vandalia for Jon's 30th
It has been far from perfect, and not ending exactly like we would want it to, but we are blessed and so very thankful for the great things that this year has brought! As we empty our 2016 jar, we are looking forward to new and exciting moments and adventures in 2017! We pray that 2017 will be a year full of jar worthy moments for you and your family.
Posted by Jeffrey and Rachel at 10:52 AM