2017/2018 School Year

Many of you know that I am a teacher. Several of you have asked if I am returning to work.  Yes, I will be going back to work, but thankfully I will not be going back until November. Although Zane came home a month ago, we knew he would not be ready for me to go back to work at the beginning of the school year.

We have some awesome people lined up to watch him, and we are so thankful he will be with people he already knows. Our plan is to basically start preparing Zane for what life with momma working will look like. He will be dropped off and spending time at the places he will be going. We will try riding in the car to these places (Zane still gets carsick, so besides naptime this is what I am most worried about when I go back to work).

Zane is learning to trust us, and he is starting to understand that when we leave, we will return. He was really struggling with Jeffrey leaving for working, and thankfully his anxiety and meltdowns have really lessened. Today, Zane asked if he could tell Daddy bye after Jeffrey had walked out. We opened the garage door and Zane happily smiled at Daddy and said, "Bye, Dadddy!" He then shut the garage door and was ready to move on. Yes, he still asks about Daddy several times throughout the day, but now it's more of a confirmation "Daddy at work?" instead of a panicked scared boy wondering if his daddy will ever return.

Zane has made such huge strides, and we are so very proud of him. 

Yesterday, Zane went with me to talk to my substitute, and I had to get my staff ID. Zane thought it was really cool that there was a library inside Mommy's work! Although I forgot to take a picture of Zane at my desk, I think this even better! Best ID picture I have ever taken!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia, Welcome to the Family

Parting the Sea Walking on Dry Land Kind of Prayers

The "Lucky" Misconception