GO FOR IT!

I can't tell you how many people have shared with me that they would love to adopt, but it just isn't possible.

I am here to tell you IT IS!

I mentioned in my last post that adoption is not for everyone, and I truly believe that; however, I want you to know that if it is truly on your heart, YOU SHOULD GO FOR IT!

The top two reasons I usually hear are:
1. Money
2. It is too late

Many people have told me that they can't adopt because of the prices. Although international and private adoptions are extremely expensive, domestic adoption through the foster care system is FREE! Yes! FREE! Many states even offer money to help cover the cost of childcare, food, etc.
If money is the only thing stopping you, please look into state adoptions and the foster care system.

I would also encourage you who feel called to a specific country or area in the world, to start pursuing that. I would have never imagined that the cost of our adoption would be possible, but with smart budgeting, fundraising, a giving community, and grants what looked like a mountain in the beginning now looks like a small speed bump.

Many people feel that it is too late. When we went to our foster care training classes, there were people of all ages stepping into foster care. It is not too late to open your heart and home to a child who is in need of nurturing, security, and love. I guarantee it will be perfect timing for a child praying for a family.

I would encourage any of you who have ever even thought about adopting to begin to research. There are many different programs and avenues when it comes to adoption. You may just find the right choice for you and your family. I always encourage people to educate themselves, and I would ask that you do the same. Even if you aren't even sure, sign up for the free foster classes provided by the state. It will tug at your heart for sure, but also give you a rude reality check.


Don't let fear stop you. Don't let other people discourage you! Don't just sit and wait for someone else to step in!

           YOU ARE GREATLY NEEDED!

“Adoption has the dimension of connection — not only to your own tribe, but beyond, widening the scope of what constitutes love, ties and family. It is a larger embrace. By adopting, we stretch past our immediate circles and, by reaching out, find an unexpected sense of belonging with others.”
Isabella Rossellini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia, Welcome to the Family

Parting the Sea Walking on Dry Land Kind of Prayers

The "Lucky" Misconception