Calling all Warriors

I've been stalking my emails this week because we were told we would be receiving pictures and updates on our little man. My heart leaped with joy as I saw we finally had the email we were waiting on; however, it turned out to not be what we wanted at all.

Adoption has definitely prepared me for the unexpected. Sadly, it has made me cautious to rejoice at good or promising news. We've learned that things can change in a matter of minutes or at least it seems for the better or the worse. It has showed me how so many things are out of my hands. In the wait, we have grown and learned so much for that I am so very thankful, but the wait has been far harder and painful than it has pleasant.

Today was a painful day. Today, I have been provided with two choices in how I can respond to the news I received. I can sit and cry and I may do that, or I can stand and fight the only way I know how in this current situation. We were just given the heartbreaking, gut punching news that the Prime Minister of Ethiopia has declared a State of Emergency due to widespread unrest. We have been told that they are no longer opening courts today as planned. Because of the current climate in Ethiopia and the state of emergency, there is potential for additional delays with court and MOWCYA. Along with the state of emergency issued, the Ethiopian government has been monitoring and shutting off the internet all together. Travel, communication and work in general has been very difficult the past couple of weeks. 

My fight sometimes seems unheard and many times feels useless, but my baby is on the other side of the world, and I can do one and one thing only. I can pray! I am asking for all my prayer warriors to please take time right now, today, and this week to pray for Ethiopia!


Prayer Request: 
1. Pray for peace in the unrestful time.
2. Pray for Zane and all the children of Ethiopia to be safe.
3. Pray that the government will move in a positive direction and we will be able to travel to bring our son home. 

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
‭‭John 16:33

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia, Welcome to the Family

The "Lucky" Misconception

One Month