THE LIST

In my last real post, I talked about a list that moms have composed to give you a pretty good idea of where you are in getting your referral. Since we have been on the list, I have come a bit obsessed with checking the list. The list is usually updated weekly, but sometimes more than once a week. As beneficial and informative as this list can be, it can also be a discouragement. I have seen our name go up and down due to a variety of different reasons that I am not going to get into, but it seems like we aren't moving as quickly as I had hoped. 

I have decided to take a break from the list for a variety of reasons, but the major one is to just stop worrying about where we are and just let it all happen. Looking at the list every day sometimes more than once a day is not going to change our status. So as much as I do want to keep you all informed on where we are, I feel like this is something I need to do for myself. I have decided to not look at the list again until June 28th which is our 5th wedding anniversary and exactly 6 months from when our papers were sent to Ethiopia. 

I know it will be hard for me not to look, but I think it is a good decision. We are currently 80 for a boy and 81 for a girl. Hopefully the next time I look at the list, we will be a lower number; I am hoping a much lower number. The list has been very encouraging for me to look at as I have seen people receiving their referrals and bringing their babies home, but it has all been discouraging for me as I have not seen a lot of movement, and I have seen how long these people have waited for their children.

Don't worry! I will still have plenty to write about in regards to the adoption and what is happening, so I will continue to keep you up to date on other things just not on the list for a while. Thanks for being understanding and so supportive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia, Welcome to the Family

Parting the Sea Walking on Dry Land Kind of Prayers

The "Lucky" Misconception