What We Believe
- God calls Himself the Father of the fatherless.
- God considers spiritual service the purest when His people are taking care of orphans. (and) A religion that does not care for orphans is no religion at all.
- God’s people are commanded to care for orphans. To see an orphan afflicted, and to turn a deaf ear, is sin, even rebellion.
Isaiah 1:17, “Learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, plead for the widow.”
Isaiah 1:23, “Your rulers are rebellious, and companions of thieves; everyone loves bribes, and follows after rewards. They do not defend the fatherless.”
- We can be the hands and love of Christ Himself by providing practical care.
Psalm 10:14, “But You, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.”
Matthew 18:5, “Whoever receives a child in My name, receives Me.”
Matthew 25: 45, “Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these, you did it unto Me.”
- Orphans are to be taken care of with the same honor and provision as a Pastor or Priest.
*This list of scriptures was compiled by Tom Davis, but truly aligns with our heart and what we believe.