License Renewed

Our adoption agency was happy to announce that their license to work in Ethiopia as an adoption agency has been renewed until 2016! I am so happy with our adoption agency; we did a lot of research before selecting one, and I have found that our agency has been honest, professional, and very helpful.

I have been tracking referrals of families with babies and the process really slowed down; well, basically it stopped all together. People were not being referred to children. From what I heard, Ethiopia has been kicking some agencies out of the country due to the fact that they are involved in dishonest actions. Thankfully, our adoption agency has a lot of favor with the Ethiopian government. I have read and heard stories that some people who were adopting from Ethiopia from different agencies discovered that their agencies were not approved and that they will not be able to get their children.

I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT THIS WEEK, SEVEN FAMILIES FROM OUR AGENCY WERE MATCHED WITH THEIR CHILDREN! SEVERAL FAMILIES WHO WERE ALREADY MATCHED RECEIVED THEIR COURT DATES TO BRING THEIR CHILDREN HOME!

I am encouraged that things are finally moving in Ethiopia again. I am hoping that it will continue to move, and the arrival of our baby will be sooner than what the current numbers say.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia, Welcome to the Family

Parting the Sea Walking on Dry Land Kind of Prayers

The "Lucky" Misconception